Anti-Aging Medicine FAQ (Real Life Questions You May Ask)
Anti-aging is a medical subspecialty that has been around since beginning of time. Recent studies have shown that the aging process can be slowed, suspended and in some cases reversed. Anti aging medicine came about as a shift in thinking from aging as an inevitable process to aging as a series of disease processes. Aging processes can be measured, and, as with any disease, there are symptoms and treatments.*
Some improvements might be seen almost immediately. For example energy, skin clarity, and libido. More significant changes will be seen weekly, monthly, and yearly. Most important, anti aging is a lifestyle. Studies have shown the body regenerates it’s cells every seven years, therefore the longer you stay on anti aging programs the potential for greater results.*
When you meet the health care provider they will review your complete medical history as well as your blood analysis. At that point the doctor will prescribe to you, your medically necessary treatment program based on your results.
Biodentical Hormones are an exact replica of the hormones that are naturally produced by the body. Depending on what your symptoms are and which hormone(s) your body needs, your Anti – Aging Specialist may choose to prescribe bioidentical hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, thyroid hormones, DHEA, melatonin or others as needed.
The only way to know if you need bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is through specific laboratory testing. There are specific lab panels available to determine if your hormones are imbalanced.
Signs and symptoms of imbalance may include, but are not limited to fatigue, depression, hair loss, weight gain, muscle atrophy, low energy levels, insomnia, mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats, and anxiety. In many cases, hormone imbalances can occur with expected changes in the lifespan, such as menopause and andropause.*
Following lab testing, a trained physician will review your results to determine if BHRT is necessary for you. In some cases, BHRT may not be necessary; however lifestyle and environmental factors may change this need over time, so routine testing, along with a preventive health lifestyle is recommended to keep hormones balanced and maintain optimal health.*
Hormones are chemical messengers that control bodily functions. Aging depletes the body’s hormonal levels. By measuring a patient’s level of hormones, a balanced hormone replacement can be prescribed to restore hormone levels to where they were in the patient’s early 30s. In many cases, this can be done by a variety of cutting edge therapy programs
Medical tests called biomarkers actually indicate signs of aging at different levels down to DNA. At the functional level, things such as visual accommodation, auditory response and memory succession are tested. At the cellular level, a skin biopsy may be performed. To check biochemicals, hormones and cholesterol are checked. And to check for hereditary matter, DNA can be reviewed.
As men age, production of the hormone testosterone begins to decline and they experience symptoms of low testosterone. Testosterone is the hormone that is responsible for maintaining mental focus, energy, metabolism, muscle mass, fat levels, and sex drive. By balancing a man’s hormones with bioidentical hormone therapy, men can restore their vitality and reduce the symptoms of andropause.*
After receiving FDA approval in 1998, Sermorelin became available to prescribers. Since then, it has gained widespread acceptance as an effective treatment for adult growth hormone deficiency. Sermorelin is comprised of 29 amino acids found in the hormone GRF 1-44; a hormone that your body produces naturally to simulate the release of growth hormone. As an HGH releasing agent, Sermorelin triggers your pituitary gland to produce your own natural growth hormone which, in turn, has a positive effect on numerous metabolic functions.
Optimizing your growth hormone levels can:
- Increase protein synthesis which aids in muscle recovery and repair*
- Promote the growth of new protein tissue, this is how new muscle is built*
- Increase collagen production which gives the skin its youthful thickness, elasticity and tone*
- Increase energy and stamina*
- Increase calcium retention which helps builds stronger bones*
- Help improve sexual function*
- Improve sleep patterns allowing for a better, longer night’s sleep*
- Produce and maintain more lean muscle mass while burning more fat than the average person*
- Increase cell production, regenerating your body on a cellular level*
- Stimulate cartilage and connective tissue regrowth*
Strengthen the immune system*
Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide-6 or GHRP-6 is basically a hgH secretagoue, which has the potential to facilitate the effective increase the levels of natural secretion of hgH in our body. At the same time, this compound can also facilitate a sudden increase in body mass and bring about a massive reduction in body fat. GHRP-6 also includes artificial d-amino acids which lead the body to release growth hormones as well. GHRP-6 is not known to work well with GHRH, so it works at the Ghrelin’s receptor in place of that receptor.
As discussed earlier, GHRP-6 is a newer drug in the market, but it has caught on the fancy of many who are looking for a shortcut to performance enhancement. The following benefits come after GHRP-6 administration:
- Lowers body fat: GHRP-6 administration has the reputation of lowering fat, making it a good option for bodybuilders in their cutting cycles. It is also extremely attractive to those people who are weight conscious and are looking to shed those extra pounds without working hard at the gym.*
- Increase muscle: GHRP-6 administration also has the reputation of facilitating an increase and development in muscles.*
- Increase stamina: Those users who are vouching for the drug claim improvement in stamina levels post the administration of GHRP-6.*
- Is protective and anti-inflammatory: GHRP-6 administration initiates better protection of the muscles and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent which is crucial in the muscle recovery process and synthesis.*
- GHRP-6 also ensures that the liver is working to initiate IGF-1 secretions helping you lose fat quicker and gain strength as the time passes by.*
Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 2(GHRP2) substantially stimulates the pituitary gland’s increased natural production of the body’s own endogenous human growth hormone (HGH). This therapy consists of daily periodic sub-lingual dosing. Growth Hormone releasing peptide 2, GHRP2 has shown on it’s own to robustly increase IGF-1 levels, and even greater results occurred when used with Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) to which also stimulates the pituitary gland to produce increased natural secretion of human growth hormone. This also boosts the hypothalamus function as well.*
The results of the clinical studies published in the Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism in 1997 for GHRP2 – showed that a medically supervised, prescribed and administered therapy increased growth hormone levels in adults and children, who have growth hormonedeficiency.
The increase in the body’s growth hormone via elevated IGF-1 levels produced by the pituitary gland in response to GHRP2 therapy – has an anabolic effect on the tissues of the body and other benefits identified below.
- Improve sex drive and desire by stimulation of hypothalamus*
- Reduces belly fat through lipolysis*
- Increases energy and vitality*
- Improves skin elasticity, ridding wrinkles*
- Increases endurance*
- Accelerates healing from wounds or surgery*
- Strengthens the heart*
- Enhances the immune system*
- Increases IGF-1 production, by as much as 50% in first week*
- Improves sleep quality*
- Increases calcium retention, strengthens and increases the mineralization of bone, bone density*
- Increases protein synthesis*
- Improves eyesight and vision*
- Reduces liver uptake of glucose, an effect that opposes that of insulin*
- Promotes liver glucogenesis*
- Contributes to maintenance and function of pancreatic islets*
GHRP2 growth hormone releasing peptide2 therapy is considered one of a few medical means of reversing the effects of aging in adults deficient in growth hormone. This is because of the benefits resulting from the increased stimulation and secretion of human growth hormone by the pituitary gland hypothalamus,axis HPA.
Your busy lifestyle can leave you needing the boost your health and get a rapid burst of energy. When you come into Huma-Netics.com, your steps away from a much healthier life.
Discover a full menu of nutrient injection therapies featuring custom blends of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that are quickly absorbed and activated to bring on better health in a heartbeat. Instantly improve the way you feel with this safe, simple, and effective way to boost your energy, better your mood, benefit your health, and build your immunity.
Amino acids are essential to life as well as necessary for optimal physical performance. Many amino acids are needed as building blocks to make the protein necessary for muscle growth, and yet many specific amino acids serve other purposes, such as increasing neurotransmitters, triggering muscle protein synthesis, and aiding the liver in detoxification.*
Glutathione is the master antioxidant of the body. In the liver, Glutathione is produced to combat the free radicals that are generated during the daily tasks that the liver must perform, such as detoxification and fatty acid metabolism. Orally consuming Glutathione however, is an inefficient means of increasing Glutathione levels in the body. Glutathione gets broken down in the stomach into its ingredients, Glycine, Glutamine and Cysteine. Once this breakdown occurs, these amino acids get swept up in the amino pool along with any other ingested amino acids, and does not lead to directly increased Glutathione levels in the blood. Therefore, a more direct route can be accomplished through administration of a sterile solution of Glutathione, delivered intramuscularly. Doing so will greatly increase the body’s capacity to combat free radicals, quell inflammation and even increase feelings of wellbeing, due to Glutathione’s effect on Dopamine sensitivity in the brain.
L-Carnitine is a very important amino acid used in the breakdown of fat for energy. Increasing L-Carnitine levels above and beyond what one would normally consume from diet has the ability to increase fat burning, even in the presence of carbohydrate. This can be an incredibly beneficial effect, but there are a couple catches. For one, the amount of L-Carnitine one would have to consume orally in order to elicit a benefit would far outweigh the costs, and would most likely lead to stomach upset. L-Carnitine levels are tightly controlled, and the cost of L-Carnitine is not cheap, so eating 5-10 grams of it per day would make it impractical for our purposes. The other catch is that the hormone insulin must be present at the same time as the L-Carnitine levels are increased.
Vitamin B-12 Injection
Methylcobalamin Max is a higher concentration of B12 at 10,000 mcg/ml, allowing for subcutaneous administration.Methylcobalamin is the most active form of the Vitamin B12 family. This is what the body converts Cyanocobalamin into, so it is more readily available to the body.
This form of B12 is better absorbed than Cyanocobalamin because it is more bioavailable. Vitamin B12 is an essential component for proper digestion and absorption of foods and for normal metabolism of carbohydrates, and fat. It aids in maintaining healthy nerve cells and red blood cells and is needed to make DNA. Vitamin B12 is also involved in homocysteine metabolism and plays a critical role in proper energy metabolism, immune function, and nerve function. Several disorders have recently been linked to possible vitamin B12 deficiencies. Methylcobalamin also interacts differently with certain neurotransmitters within the brain and appears to be helpful in Autism.
In order to function at an optimum level, the body needs an ample supply of vitamin B12. This essential component is responsible for: assisting with digestion, developing and maintaining healthy red blood cells, and maintaining a normal metabolism.
Vitamin D Injection
Vitamin D is important for good overall health and strong and healthy bones. It’s also an important factor in making sure your muscles, heart, lungs and brain work well and that your body can fight infection.*
Vitamin D is very important for strong bones. Calcium and phosphorus are essential for developing the structure and strength of your bones, and you need vitamin D to absorb these minerals. Even if you eat foods that contain a lot of calcium and phosphorus, without enough vitamin D, you can’t absorb them into your body. Vitamin D is important for general good health, and researchers now are discovering that vitamin D may be important for many other reasons outside of good bone health. Some of the functions of the body that vitamin D helps with include:
- Immune system, which helps you to fight infection*
- Muscle function*
- Cardiovascular function, for a healthy heart and circulation*
- Respiratory system -for healthy lungs and airways*
- Brain development*
- Anti-cancer effects*
Doctors are still working to fully understand how vitamin D works within your body and how it affects your overall health.
If your body doesn’t get enough vitamin D to keep it healthy, this is called vitamin D deficiency. Severe vitamin D deficiency can sometimes cause a condition called rickets in children and a condition called osteomalacia in adults. Both of these conditions cause soft, thin, and brittle bones.
A lack of vitamin D has also been linked to some other conditions such as cancer, asthma, type-II diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, Alzheimer’s and autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s and type-I diabetes.
As you can see, vitamin D goes a long way from its original form from the skin, supplement or food. But without vitamin D, your body can’t perform at its best.*
Effective Cosmetic Procedures
Aging takes a noticeable toll on the body. As we get older, we usually develop wrinkles and areas of sagging skin. If you have been noticing these signs of aging on your face or neck, you may want to consider Botox or skin treatments. With these treatments, you can achieve smoother, tighter skin that provides you with a more youthful appearance! Botox and skin tightening are among the various cosmetic procedures we offer here at Huma-Netics.*
Here is some additional information about each procedure:
- Botox – Botox is an injectable treatment that is specifically designed to reduce and eliminate moderate to severe facial wrinkles, such as frown lines and crow’s feet. This non-invasive treatment provides fast results and usually lasts for up to 4 months.
- Skin tightening – With this type of treatment, you can get rid of sagging in certain areas of the face, neck, or other parts of the body. With firmer skin, you can make yourself look years younger!*
One of the most noticeable side effects of rapid weight loss, weight gain and pregnancy is stretch marks. Once you get stretch marks, these marks remain permanent on your skin. Though applications of oils, creams and moisturizers help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, they don’t help eliminate them.*
Alternatively, laser skin tightening helps regain smooth and youthful skin permanently, without any downtime. Here are the risks and benefits associated with the procedure.*
1. Unlike other cosmetic surgery procedures that make you look young making superficial changes to your facial skin, laser treatment helps you look younger by stimulating collagen regeneration under the skin surface. As collagen fills in the skin blemishes, all your wrinkles and lines on the neck, body, around eyes and mouth and on the forehead fade away.*
2. An additional benefit of the procedure is that the procedure is carried out without making any incisions or by using any injections. So there is no need of undergoing any pain to look young. Moreover, the absence of surgical incisions reduces the cost of laser treatment.*
3. Moreover, as the laser system cools the upper skin layers while collagen gets heated down below, patients experience minimum discomfort throughout the procedure.*
4. While results are noticed immediately, you experience further skin treatment over months as new collagen starts growing. Based on the region being treated, some patients require more than one skin treatment for maximum results.*
5. Unlike a face lift, laser skin treatment needs no downtime and has minimum chances of side effects. Moreover, it does not stretch the skin; instead, it lets the skin tighten on its own.*
JUVEDERM Ultra and JUVEDERM Ultra Plus Injectable Dermal Fillers for Facial Wrinkles and Folds instantly smooth away wrinkles around your mouth and nose. Try Juverderm Ultra dermal fillers and you’ll get smooth and natural-looking results that last up to a year. The premiere location that you’ll be coming to is the talk of the town “Huma-Netics” one of the areas leading providers of Juvederm with expert injectors.*
JUVÉDERM uses HYLACROSS™ technology, creating a smooth-consistency gel. Juvederm XC (XC designation means it also contains a local anesthetic agent for added comfort during the injection process) improves comfort during treatment. With JUVEDERM Ultra XC you get the smooth results you expect, with the improved comfort you want.
JUVÉDERM Ultra Injectable Gel is a smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. Juvederm injectable gel is expertly placed under the skin to instantly restore your skin’s volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds,like your “smile lines” or “parentheses” also known as nasolabial folds (creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth).
Restylane maintains its shape using the body’s own moisture, as it is hydrophilic or “water loving.” As hyaluronic acid gradually degrades, its molecules bind to more water and over time. What this means to you is the same volume can be maintained with less hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid’s ability to bind to water is the science behind the long-lasting results. Restylane Silk is used in and around the lips, plumping and filling out the lips as well as filling in small lines that occur with age around the mouth so you have have the lips you want and get rid of the lines you don’t want.
Restylane Silk is recommended for creating volume in the lips, but can also be used for correction of the vermillion border and smile lines. The product should be injected into the deep layer of the dermis and/or the surface layer of the subcutis.
- Specially designed for lip enhancement.
- Recommended for creating volume in the lips, but can also be used for correction of the vermillion border and smile lines.
- Formulated to work in harmony with the natural anatomy of the lip.
- Designed specifically to create beautifully shaped lips, leaving them soft to touch and irresistibly kissable.
Restylane Silk is specially formulated to support the lips’ everyday movements – like talking, smiling, laughing and kissing, and designed to improve treatment results and longevity. By supporting these movements, Restylane Lipp sustains lip definition and fullness over time making it the obvious treatment of choice for lip enhancement.
Chemical Peel Skin Transformation
Is your skin blotchy or uneven? Are at-home treatments failing to give you the results you desire? When you come to Huma-Netics, where our chemical peel options are designed to turn your skin from dull to radiant.
If the surface layers of your skin are damaged, wrinkled or discolored, a chemical peel from Huma-Netics may be just what you need to get your skin back on the right track.
Our chemical peels work to improve the appearance of uneven or damaged skin, all the while keeping your comfort and safety in mind. Best of all, enhancing your skin doesn’t have to be a long, drawn-out procedure. Many of our chemical peels are designed to produce results after just one session.*
It’s time to look and feel your best with a chemical peel from Huma-Netics. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us today.
Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) is a fast-growing technology used to treat a multitude of conditions that require stimulation of healing, relief of pain and inflammation, and restoration of function. Although skin is naturally exposed to light more than any other organ, it still responds well to red and near-infrared wavelengths.
The photons are absorbed by mitochondrial chromophores in skin cells. Consequently, electron transport, adenosine triphosphate nitric oxide release, blood flow, reactive oxygen species increase, and diverse signaling pathways are activated. Stem cells can be activated, allowing increased tissue repair and healing. In dermatology, LLLT has beneficial effects on wrinkles, acne scars, hypertrophic scars, and healing of burns.
LLLT can reduce UV damage both as a treatment and as a prophylactic measure. In pigmentary disorders such as vitiligo, LLLT can increase pigmentation by stimulating melanocyte proliferation and reduce depigmentation by inhibiting autoimmunity. Inflammatory diseases such as psoriasis and acne can also be managed. The noninvasive nature and almost complete absence of side effects encourage further testing in dermatology.
Skin starts showing its first signs of aging in the late 20s to early 30s, and it usually presents with wrinkles, dyspigmentation, telangiectasia, and loss of elasticity.*
If you try to hide embarrassing dimpling from excess cellulite on the outer thighs and won’t wear a bathing suit FDA-approved, non-surgical TriActive laser therapy can solve your problems.
The TriActive laser is a clinically proven method achieving smoother and tightened skin by deep penetration to treat cellulite and reduce fat deposits. With the combination of a diode laser, tissue mobilization and suction, the TriActive laser safely and effectively re-contours the skin surface.
This therapy results in increased microcirculation with a refreshed appearance to the treated area. Typically patients undergoing Tri-Active laser therapy have noticeable results after 6-10 treatments.*
Other then a possible increase in urination for a few days following TriActive laser therapy as your system naturally clears out the dissolved fat cells there are no side effects.
If you avoid bathing suits or sexy short dresses due to cellulite deposits and dieting has not proven helpful then the TriActive laser therapy is designed specifically to help you.
One of our specialist at Huma-Netics will meet with you in your private consultation, examine the areas of concern you have and provide painless, non-invasive TriActive laser therapy to significantly improve the appearance of your skin.
If you are feeling tired and frustrated from your low energy levels, it might because you missing out on key vitamins! Vitamin infusions are a great option for individuals who have nutrient imbalances.*
Nutrient IV therapy provides the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids your body needs, in the most efficient and effective way. This specialized therapy allows amino acids and vitamins to be absorbed much faster and at higher concentrations than in typical supplements to help prevent illness, treat health conditions, and maintain proper hydration.
1) Nutrients delivered directly to cells through the bloodstream With intravenous nutrient therapy, as soon as your infusion starts, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients are quickly circulated through your bloodstream and delivered to cells, where they are immediately available for use. It’s like “direct deposit”; in IV vitamin therapy, there’s no waiting for the nutrients to clear the digestive system and the liver.
2) Fewer side effects
Intravenous vitamin therapy bypasses the stomach and intestines. This means no upset stomach or intestinal problems like cramps, nausea, or diarrhea, which sometimes result from taking high doses of certain vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C and magnesium.*
3) Allows for high-dose therapy necessary for effective treatment outcomes Research has shown that there are specific blood or tissue concentrations of certain nutrients that must be achieved in order for them to be pharmacologically active. Vitamin C is a good example of such a nutrient.
These high concentrations simply cannot be achieved by taking the nutrients orally; the bulk of vitamins and minerals swallowed in pill or liquid form is excreted, with very little actually absorbed into the bloodstream. Complicating this further is that many patients have conditions that impair their intestinal absorption in the first place.
Finally, as noted above, many patients cannot tolerate high doses of certain vitamins and minerals because these upset their stomachs. Therefore, only intravenous vitamin therapy can directly deliver pharmacologically effective doses of the required nutrients.*
When you come visit our therapist at Huma-netics, we will complete a full assessment of your health and medical history to ensure that any condition you are suffering from, whether it’s intestinal malabsorption or the common cold, is treated in the most effective and appropriate manner
When we age, our skin’s ability to produce collagen and maintain hydration becomes markedly diminished. Coupled with sun exposure and damaging lifestyle choices, our skin takes on further abuse. Non-invasive treatments like Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy have risen in popularity due to its natural result and minimal downtime.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a very natural filler solution, made of your own blood. This treatment uses your own ‘enriched’ plasma as an advanced anti-aging and healing treatment delivered to the skin in a process similar to mesotherapy.
The secret lies in extracting and increasing the autological factors in your blood. These autological factors are what your body needs to heal itself. PRP Therapy re-activates the autological factors in your body’s repair system getting your skin to regenerate more efficiently.*
Using PRP Therapy as an anti-ageing facial treatment is highly effective. This natural and safe treatment uses your own blood, which is extracted and enriched (with no chemicals or additives) in an easy and comfortable process and is then re-injected into your face through several ‘meso-type’ tiny injections.*
The benefits of this approach are the natural and self-healing effects of regenerated skin, improved skin vitality, improved sun damaged skin, and better skin hydration.*
Platelets contain important growth factors that, when secreted, are responsible for:
- tissue regeneration and rejuvenation
- increasing collagen production
- recruiting other cells to the site of injury to assist with healing
- initiating blood vessel growth
- inducing cell differentiation which means that all the different cells required for rejuvenation are stimulated
- bone mineralization i.e. making healthier bones
- extra cellular matrix formation – this is the connective tissue that holds everything together and gives it shape and form
- tissue adhesion especially in skin flaps, bone grafts and trauma. This means tissues stick together giving it strength.
Benefits of PRP
- Reducing fine to deep wrinkles*
- Undereye troughs, bags and dark circles*
- Skin lifting*
- Cheek and lip volume*