Acne Therapies & Treatments in Boca Raton
These therapies may be suggested in select cases, either alone or in combination with medications.
- Extraction of whiteheads and blackheads. Your dermatologist uses special tools to gently remove whiteheads and blackheads (comedos) that haven’t cleared up with topical medications. This technique may cause scarring.
- Chemical peels. High-potency acid is applied to your skin to remove the top layer and minimize deeper scars.
- Dermabrasion. This procedure is usually reserved for more severe scarring. It involves sanding (planing) the surface layer of skin with a rotating brush. This helps blend acne scars into the surrounding skin.
- Laser resurfacing. This is a skin resurfacing procedure that uses a laser to improve the appearance of your skin.
- Light therapy. Certain lasers, pulsed light sources and radiofrequency devices that don’t injure the epidermis can be used to treat scars. These treatments heat the dermis and cause new skin to form. After several treatments, acne scars may appear less noticeable. This treatment has shorter recovery times than some other methods. But you may need to repeat the procedure more often and results are subtle.
For more information regarding how to control and get rid of your acne in Boca Raton, schedule an appointment with the doctors at Huma-Netics today. Call 561.227.9629.