Food Allergies & Intolerance Testing
Getting Properly Tested & Treated for Allergies in Boca Raton
A person has a food intolerance when he or she has difficulty digesting a certain type of food. This is considered a food sensitivity, rather than an allergy. An allergy, which is much more serious, is an immune system reaction to a certain type of food (or to some other type of allergen).
If you suspect you may have a food intolerance or allergy, you should consult with a doctor as soon as possible! At our medical rejuvenation center, Huma-Netics, we have a doctor who can provide you with comprehensive testing so you find out exactly what you are intolerant or allergic to. After that, the doctor can provide you with the necessary treatment.*
What’s the Difference?
There are a number of key differences between food intolerance and food allergies. Read the points below to learn more about these two conditions.
Here are a few key facts about food intolerance:
- It isn’t life-threatening.
- The symptoms may take some time to set in.
- It often only happens when the specific food is consumed in large amounts or too frequently.
Here are a few facts about food allergies:
- It can be life-threatening in severe cases.
- The symptoms typically occur right away.
- They can be triggered by even with the smallest amount of the specific food.
- They are triggered whenever that food is consumed (even when consumed infrequently).
Our goal is to get you the testing and treatment you need so you can be safer and more comfortable. Call Huma-Netics at (561) 227-9629 to schedule an appointment for testing!